Home

Monday, February 21, 2011

Spring Is In The Air- Nail Polish edition

I was looking at my nail polish collection & realized that I have so many dark nail polishes & they almost all look the same. I love dark colors but keeping up with them can be a pain. I find myself repainting my nails like every other day because I hate when they chip.
So I'm going to TRY to retire my black & other dark nail colors & substitute with one of these beautiful springy colors. I picked up these colors at my local CVS &Target.

The polishes that I picked up are quite comparable to higher end brands. I am comparing SALLY HANSEN Xtreme wear nail polish to ESSIE because to me the formula is very similar. They are both high shine but the difference between the two is the brush.  I know ESSIE has beautiful colors  but I really dislike their brush it tends to make the polish look streaky. I also bought a bottle of RIMMEL London, I've been buying RIMMEL for a while because they have great dark colors but since I'm trying to steer away from dark colors I picked up a grey shade. (yea, didn't steer too far) I also realized that RIMMEL has the same brush as DIOR Vernis but it's a fraction of the price. The last polish I picked up was a L.A. Colors one, I typically wouldn't have picked up polish from this brand but  the color was so pretty that I couldn't help it. I've even seen pictures of Khloe Kardashian with a shade very similar to this lavender color.

RIMMEL London Lasting Pro in Steel Grey


Compare the brushes


 Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in Mint Sorbet



 L.A. Colors Nail Lacquer in French Nails Purple







No comments:

Post a Comment