Home

Friday, February 25, 2011

FIT ME Foundation by Maybelline


I've been searching for a new foundation for a while because the Bare Escentuals Matte SPF 15 Foundation just wasn't cutting it anymore. I felt like I wasn't getting enough coverage. So I went out & bought Fit Me Foundation by Maybelline.Which I am loving so far. Aside from the foundation the Fit Me line also carries powder, concealer, blush & bronzer.  I bought the foundation & compact powder for $7.99 each. It's 1FL OZ of liquid foundation with 18 SPF. There are 18 shades to choose from. I wish it was easier to find my shade, it probably took me like 15 min to find my color. Maybelline has pull out trays which have each color swatched & your supposed to put your wrist under it to find your shade but my wrist is a completely different color from my face. I  say as long as their is a mirror around you'll find a shade. If your buying the foundation & powder don't  experiment like me & get different numbers.  Stick with the same number for both the foundation and powder that way you can get the true color as apposed to a mixed concoction.  


Because of the SPF 18 the liquid formula is more dewy then matte. As with any other liquid foundation I wish this one would have come with a pump, it would have made the application process easier. I apply it with a MAC 180 brush, a stippling brush or beauty blender would work great as well. I've even heard of people using their fingers to apply it because they say it warms the foundation which then blends into the skin better but I just can't do it. I think I'd feel like I was spreading germs all over my face. Underneath the foundation I use Bare Escentuals  Prime Time Primer to get lasting power. I get about 8 hours of lasting power. I finish it all off with Bare Escentuals Matte SPF 15 Foundation on top as my setting powder. Using the Bare Escentuals gives more of a matte look. This may seem like a lot of product but remember to only use about a dime size of foundation. There are links below to where you can buy the foundation & check ou the ret of the Fit Me line. This gets the Lovin' This Shindig Stamp of Approval! 

Liquid foundation with SPF 18 &18 shades available for $7.99 each






2 comments:

  1. Great review! I have the same experience with Bare Minerals. I went to a make-up seminar at Kaiser and they were selling the brand Colorescience that was very convincing, but I think I will check out FIT first.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how it looks on you. I like it so much better than the Laura Mercier one you used before you found this one. it looks so natural on you.

    ReplyDelete