Home

Monday, February 21, 2011

I'd like a splash of soda in my Cupcake, please

Soda in my cupcakes... I read about these cupcakes & my sister made them for our family's Valentine's Day Party so I had to concoct my own version. However the frosting on the cupcakes was my sis' recipe because I completely messed up on my version (too much butter in mine) Oh and I didn't have my measuring cups so I kind of eyeballed it all :)


Here we go... So I went to Target to get a couple of things starting from cupcake liners to sprinkles to wrapping paper for the bday gift (some nail polish).  I also bought a pipping decorator kit but it was missing like 3 parts :( I returned it the next day. When I got home I started making the cupcakes right away because if this plan failed then I would have to rush to buy a couple dozen a local bakery. Recipe goes like this...


Soda Cupcakes (These ingredients made about 20 large cupcakes)
1. Pour the entire cake mix into a mixing bowl
2. Pour in 12 oz soda
3. 1 egg
4. Using an electric mixer mix the ingredients until fluffy and smooth
5. Spoon into cupcake baking molds
6. Bake for about 17-20 min
7. Let them cool for about 25 min
8. Use sprinkles or shredded coconut to decorate


I bought foil cupcake baking molds which were like $2 & they worked great I actually liked them better then the regular tin-like ones. These foil ones allowed the cupcakes to cool very fast & I was able to pull them out of the oven using only a thin cloth napkin...


Below are some mixing combos but really, just be creative! I made the white cake+strawberry soda and the Chocolate cake+Cherry Dr. Pepper!


angel or yellow cake + orange soda
chocolate cake or devils food +  Pepsi
chocolate cake + vanilla Coke
chocolate cake + Cherry Dr. Pepper

lemon cake + 7-up
marble cake + cream soda 

red velvet + Cherry Vanilla Dr Pepper
spice cake + Orange Sunkist soda
white cake + Orange 
Sunkist soda
white cake +  Sprite or 7-up
White cake + Strawberry soda
This is my sis' simple frosting recipe
1. Pour the entire pint sized heavy cream into a mixing bowl
2. Add about 2 caps of vanilla extract
3. Add granulated sugar until you reach desired sweetness (about 3 spoons full)
4. Mix until smooth & creamy
Make sure you don't over mix or the frosting will become clumpy. 



                       These are my sis' V Day cupcakes!



                                                                  






No comments:

Post a Comment